Monday, August 16, 2021

Rhyming is easy and fun, when your poem is a good one.

The concept of rhyme is tricky one. We found a special poem which demystified it all. We memorize a little more every day It's about a girl who complains that she cannot go to school today.
Her list of ailments get longer and longer; her case to stay home stronger and stronger.
Enjoy our most enthusiastic student recite the lines we have worked so hard commit to memory:

Sick- by Shel Silverstein
“I cannot go to school today,” Said little Peggy Ann McKay. 
I have the measles and the mumps, A gash, a rash and purple bumps. 
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry, I’m going blind in my right eye. 
My tonsils are as big as rocks, I’ve counted sixteen chicken pox.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be respectful of our students.